ccess="never Birth of a Soldier: Three Days in the Making

Friday, April 28, 2006

Three Days in the Making

Before Chris left, I decided I would create a blog to 1. preserve the memories of this important time of his life. 2. Allow his family and friends to feel "connected" to him- if only vicariously through me. and 3. To help me cope with a very real, very hard case of "Empty Nest Syndrome."

I fully intended to dive right into this project the day before he left...but I couldn't. I was too busy taking in all the little things about him that I was afraid I might forget. I was savoring the time he made for me and his little sister...time he usually spent barricaded in his bedroom-on the phone or playing video games. And I simply couldn't gather the strength to confront my own feelings.

Oh well, I could always get right on it after he left....

Did I really believe that???


Three days have passed. The tears are always just below the surface. And this is very hard...but it's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.