ccess="never Birth of a Soldier: Still waiting for a call

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Still waiting for a call

It's Tuesday. I haven't heard from Chris yet. I spoke with his recruiter yesterday, and she said he should have called by now...but I shouldn't worry- is she kidding me??? That would leave me with nothing to do for most of my waking hours. If he leaves receiving without calling me, I won't hear from him for weeks! And I don't even have a way to write to him- in this day of cell phones and email, I am completely cut off from my son. I can't stand this! Please, God- let him call...I just want to hear his voice!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

I have been where you are. I won't lie to you, it's tough. Hardest thing I ever did was watch my son get on that bus and head to the airport to go to Iraq. The next to hardest was sending him off to boot camp. So I know how hard it is for you. I think the worse part when he left for boot camp was when we carried him to MEPS that morning, instead of letting the recruiter take him. I was the only parent there, and finally my husband said that we probablly needed to go so that we would not make him look like a momma's boy. So off we went.

I too waited and waited for that phone call, and when I finally got it, which was not when the recruiter said it would be, but more like 5 days later, we only had 1 minute, and then they hung the phone up. Talk about my heart breaking.

I wrote to him every single day that he was at boot camp. He even had to do extra push up's for all the letters that he was getting, but he said that it was worth it. So make sure you write. It will mean so much to your son.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do, or if you just need an ear, I am hear for you.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.