ccess="never Birth of a Soldier: He finally called!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

He finally called!

Thursday, 04 May 2006; 8:52pm- At last! I hear my baby's voice! Happy-happy, joy-joy! He's fine. He's bored. He's still in receiving. Yes, his hair is cut; yes, he has his uniform. He has mailed a letter, but until he is assigned to a company and battalion, he won't know what address to give to me. (Which should happen tomorrow...which is a good thing because he is so bored!)

How ingenious! Bore the new arrivals to the point where they are actually looking forward to BCT!

He has had his picture taken, but it will be a while before it comes in. He may not get a break after AIT, and he's bummed about that. The weather varies from hot to freezing (translation: anything below 65 degrees-that child's got some thin skin!)

He promised to write the first chance he gets, and wants lots of mail (no problem, kiddo- the letter brigade is anxious to get to work!)

Then, a quick "I have to go, there's a line for the phone-I love you," "I love you, too." Three -awesome-minutes. I feel rejuvenated! I heard from my boy. I still miss him like crazy, but I'm strangely happy- gonna ride this ride 'til the park shuts down!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

5:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for the kudos- despite the site meter, I was beginning to wonder if I was writing just to me! Most of the script is just generic-Blogger-template stuff...my knowledge of HTML (though increasing) is pretty limited. Again, thanks for the encouragement!

Melissa

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.