ccess="never Birth of a Soldier: Can you spare 39 cents a week?

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Can you spare 39 cents a week?

Soldiers' Angels are dedicated to ensuring that our military know they are loved and supported during and after their deployment into harms way.
Did you know you can send a letter to a soldier in Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere else in the world with a single stamp? Could you sacrifice a few minutes out of your day to write (yes, literally- pen on paper) a letter of encouragement to a soldier who is sacrificing so much for you?

Sure you can...and Soldiers' Angels can show you how. I'm an "Angel"- why aren't you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

9:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you...sometimes it's difficult to find interesting things to post without losing sight of why I started this blog. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Can you spare 39 cents?" is a question I ask people quite often. It actually started as "Can you spare 37 cents?"

My post "37 cents" at http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/04/index.html talks about the profound effects writing that letter can have.

Keep asking the question; I certainly do.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You're absolutely right, Sandi- and I will!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.